So basically breakfast is my LEAST favorite meal of the day… and since coffee doesn’t count as a “healthy” meal (we should change that rule) I finally had to buckle down and find something healthy and delicious (fruity pebbles are not the answer people.) After raiding my fridge and cabinets, I decided that oatmeal was the way to go! No, not the 2 cups of brown sugar, 4 cups of raisins oatmeal (although delicious AF) but that kind that leaves you feeling satisfied and guilt free. YUM! So let’s get started with the recipe!
•THINGS YOU WILL NEED•
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup Oatmeal (I use old fashioned oats)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Granola, Seeds, or Nuts
- 2-3 Strawberries
- 1 tblsp Agave
- 1 tblsp Chia Seeds
- 1tblsp Peanut Butter
- 1- 1.5 tblsp Sugar Free Raspberry preserves (optional)
- Small Pot
- Measuring cup
- Small bowl
This recipe of for one serving. (:
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, mix together your oatmeal, almond milk and cinnamon stir and bring to a nice boil.
- After your oatmeal has started to boil, turn to low-medium heat and stir occasional until thick. If your oats are too thin or too thick you can fix that by using more or less milk.
- Melt some peanut butter in a small bowl… The amount is totally up to you but I usually use about a tablespoon or so! You want to melt the peanut butter until it’s a fairly thin consistency I usually go 15secs, stir and then maybe 5-10 more seconds.
- Wash, and Slice up 2-3 large strawberries (any fruit will do) and set them aside if you do not have any fruit on hand this is where you could substitute with the sugar free Jam. (:
NOW LETS ASSEMBLE THE BOWL! YUM!
- Add your oats into a bowl and drizzle over your agave
- Layer on your strawberries… I like to get creative but you can honestly just chuck them in there! This is where you could add Jam if you prefer!
- Next you can add your granola, nuts or seeds or even all three if you want.. I’m not judging! Sprinkle on the chia seeds because HEALTH.
- Now drizzle over your delicious melted peanut butter… or any but butter you want!
- DIG IN NOW, THANK ME LATER. (;
This oatmeal is honestly the only thing I have been eating for breakfast lately and it is SO. GOOD. It’s quick and easy to make and so so filling. Make sure to give it a try and don’t forget to let me know if you do!!